Monday, August 5, 2013

Infuse those LOCKS!

I recently blogged about the versatile uses for Olive Oil....I truly swear by it to condition my hair in a pinch (prior to washing)....it's easy, cheap and works fabulously well!

My over-styled, over-chlorinated, over-sunned, dry summer hair, however, was in MAJOR need of a trip to the hair-emergency room and required something much more intense than my extra-virgin stand by.

I'm obsessed with my hair gurus, I just love them!  I visit my salon once per week for blow-outs and hair-TLC because they really know what works best for my aesthetic, as well as the health of my hair. Not all hair can be treated equally, so when you find the right hair-God (and in my case it's Hair-Godesses, both named Stephanie), then hold-on tight and never let go!  My girls have moved their location over the years, currently residing at Paradise Salon and Spa (how apropos) so I happily shlep my locks way out into Miami's western territory to feed my hair-grooming obsession....yes, they're that good. 

On my recent visit, one Stephanie  suggested that I was in serious need of "Steam Infusion", an intensely hydrating conditioning treatment.  After a quick trim and blow-out she applied a product by Redken, "extremé anti-snap", to my overly-styled hair. The serum was massaged into my dry locks and was then sealed into my cuticle, using a special tool which infused steam and allowed the product to penetrate the hair shaft. Section by section, the product was steam-infused in, sealing and hydrating my frayed ends.  My hair was super shiny and oh-so silky smooth! The best part?....it was quick, it didn't cost a fortune and it lasts for three washings. My hair prescription? I was told to steam-infuse every 6 weeks or as needed.  I can do that!

 
Before steam-infusion....










Silky, shiny, healed hair....easily achieved. 


--Ciao for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment