Tuesday, April 28, 2015

TRICHOTILLOMANIA: hair pulling disorder

TRICHOTILLOMANIA is something I see in my practice every week, and is no joke. It's a psychological impulse-control disorder which causes an uncontrollable urge to PULL-OUT ones hair, specifically the hair on the head, lashes and EYEBROWS. Many people with this disorder do not realize that Trichotillomania can be treated. Under the treatment and care of a certified mental health professional, habit reversal training is a way to get the pulling under control. The perpetual pulling-out of eyebrow hairs (and other hair) leads to a build up of scar tissue and inflammation which can make permanent make-up a challenge for me. The skin becomes thick and inflamed. If you suspect that you have this disorder or know someone who does, I recommend you visit with your primary care physician.

For daily beauty and skin care tips, follow me @Beauty and Brow Girl

--CIAO for now xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment