Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chin Acne & Facial Hair = Hormonal Imbalance





Clients often come to me to address the acne on their CHIN. Hormonal disorders, in women, often manifest themselves in the form of acne, as well as facial-hair growth (usually on the chin as well). Elevated levels of testosterone (yes the MALE hormone) may be to blame. In many cases, adult women usually visit their Dermatologists for treatment. It sounds logical right? If you have a skin condition, visit the skin doctor.  Well, if you have a hormonal imbalance, treating the underlying hormonal condition rather than the acne bacteria, will usually treat the acne. In other words, treat the ROOT of the problem first. In most cases, treating hormonal acne with "acne medication" is typically in-affective.  Therefore, if you suspect a hormonal imbalance based on what your CHIN is telling you, then visit an Endocrinologist (or at least have your doctor check your blood for elevated levels of androgen hormones). If your acne is concentrated on your chin and lower facial region, that tells me it may be hormonal. If you add chin-hair growth to that, then the probability that it's hormone related, is even higher. Conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), one of the most common endocrine disorders, will cause hormonal changes resulting in breakouts and facial hair-growth (usually within the lower facial and even the CHEST region....yes, chest). In many cases, doctors usually prescribe birth control pills (to regulate the androgen hormones) or Spironolactone. Understanding the signs that your body is communicating to you (via your FACE & CHIN) and dressing the UNDERLYING issue, will usually clear up the problem without an "acne" protocol treatment. 

For daily BEAUTY & BROW tips, follow me on Instagram, FB & Tumbler 
(@Beauty and Brow Girl) or Twitter (@Beauty n Brow Girl).

--Ciao for now :)


#ChinAcne #HairGrowthOnTheChin #Hormones #HowHormonesAffectSkin #HormoneRelatedAcne #Acne #TreatingAcne #AdultAcne #PolycysticOvarianSyndrome #PCOS #Endocrinologist #FacialHairGrowthOnWomen #ChestHairOnWomen

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete
  2. The myriad of choices of products available in the market for acne treatment is unending. They range from topical creams and washes to the full gamut of items which fill up your medicine cabinets and line your bathroom sinks. Acne products

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first had symptoms when i was 17 and was told that i had PCOS (thin people type PCOS) and was officially diagnosed at 22 ans now i am 35. I have always had regular periods and unless on birth control pills were they irregular at times and I had a hard time getting pregnant because of the absent periods. I was always told by doctors that I would have a hard time conceiving so I would only go on the pill periodically which i did for more than 4 years, not for protection against getting pregnant, but just to get a period (since I was told it's not healthy to have less than 4 or so periods a year). Last time I went on a 3 month birth control pill and then stopped again because the medicine was not curing my pcos nor making me get pregnant. I went in search for a cure and ended up with so many drugs, medicine and even soaps that didn't work. I actually thought at a point that i was cursed that there is no cure for it, i was prepared to live like that till i read a testimony of a patient who suffered from pcos whose case was even worse than mine and how she was cured completely, I was amazed and at thesame time anxious and curious so i had to contact the doctor with the contact details that she left on the note. The doctor gave me so much hope and confidence with her kind words of encouragement to believe in myself and i was lifted because no one has ever given me hope like that before. I ordered the medicine, took it for 8 weeks and to my complete surprise, all the facial hairs, weight gain and all disappeared within 4 weeks and I ended up getting pregnant within a few weeks of completing the treatment! I was in shock. I think the main reasons it happened was that I never gave up and was ready to try alternative treatment so my body was back to normal. Before now i never enjoyed sex because it was very painful but now i do and my husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.. I hope this inspires some of you because I never in a million years would have thought that I would get pregnant and was getting frustrated and now our baby is due next month! You can reach her on aletedwin@gmail.com if you find yourself in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete