Friday, March 21, 2014

Put YOURSELF first: it makes for a better version of YOU


I often get asked if I follow the multitude of beauty tips I write about everyday; do I really take the time? My response? HECK YEA! I'm just as busy as anyone else, so my time is as limited as yours. If smooth, luminous, healthy skin isn't important to you, for example, then more power to you. I love sharing tips that have the power to create a better version of one's self, but if these recommended rituals seem overwhelming to you, then lean into them and start SLOWLY. Do what you can. I'm here to educate. Whether you wish to execute my tips or not is your decision.

I am a wife, a working mother of two, a housekeeper, a cook, an interior decorator, a financial planner, a chauffeur, a party planner, a professional organizer, a referee, a confidant, a gardener, a pool boy...yada yada, yada, I can go on and on. Can you relate? Of course you can! Just like you, my time is limited and quite valuable, however, above all that I mentioned, I put myself FIRST. Selfish? Perhaps. But that's ok, because when I put MYSELF first and take exquisite care of mySELF within my ability and means, I've created the best version of ME. Don't take the time, MAKE the time. Invest your time to create the best version of YOU. If you're happy with flakey, lack-luster  skin, bumpy arms and bushy eyebrows, then more power to you (this would drive me mad!). 
Am I obsessed and perhaps need therapy? HECK YEA! But at least I'll be going to the therapist without any qualms about my skin. 


For weekly beauty tips, follow me on all social media @Beauty and Brow Girl or at www.BeautyandBrowLounge.com

--CIAO for now 

No comments:

Post a Comment