Electrolysis is the process of permanent hair removal. In fact, it is the only form of permanent hair removal approved by the FDA. The treatments use various energy modalities such as Thermolysis, Galvanic or Blend (I use Thermolysis in my practice; 2014 Fischer TS-1 machine), and can only be performed by a certified, State-licensed Electrologist. The practice of Electrology is supervised by the Board of Medicine, which was legislatively established to ensure that every Electrologist (and Electrology facility) meets minimum requirements for safe practice. When inspecting an Electrology facility, I suggest that you make sure the Practioner exercises MAXIMUM requirements for safe practice, as this is a semi-invasive procedure and should be practiced in a semi-sterile environment. Universal precautions should be exercised at all times.
After Electrolysis treatment, your skin may be slightly red and/or swollen..you may even develop some bruising. This is completely normal and will lessen within a few hours but may even last a few days (bruising can last up to two weeks). It is also not unusual for redness and swelling to appear the day AFTER treatment. A slight crust may develop over the treated area, again, this is normal. The crust is a good sign, it's your body's natural process for sealing the follicle in an effort for healing to occur. If a crust develops, let the skin heal and do not pick at it, as picking may cause the area to pit or scar (allow the area to shed on its own). During treatment, the hair was removed with a current of energy, traumatizing the dermal papilla, rendering the hair follicle exposed to elements and bacteria. The best thing that you can do is to keep the area clean, avoid touching it and avoid applying harsh products on it for 24 hours. If you follow my 10 steps for successful post-treatment healing, you'll be fuzz-free with beautiful glowing skin in no time.
1. Keep the area clean with alcohol, witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide or soap and water and pat the area dry with a tissue or cotton. Do not use a towel, as even a laundered towel may harbor bacteria.
2. Keep the area moist by applying a thin layer of "Bacitracin" ointment, for the first 48 hours. Bacitracin works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria. You can purchase this ointment at your local drugstore. After 48 hours, continue to keep the treated area hydrated with "Aquafor" (found at your local drugstore as well).
3. If inflammation occurs as evidenced by swollen bumps on the skin, apply a cold compress to the treated area for 10 minutes, then remove for 10 minutes. Do this a few times, then apply your anti-bacterial ointment.
4. Do not touch or disturb the treated area, unless you've sanitized your fingers with alcohol first. Bacteria harbors on the fingertips and can create an infection on the treated area. Remember, an exposed follicle is a vulnerable one.
5. Do not exfoliate the treated area for 48 hours.
6. It is common to develop ingrown hairs in areas that have been treated for a period of time. If an ingrown hair develops, gently exfoliate the area 48-72 hours after treatment.
7. Avoid direct sun on the treated area for 48 hours (including tanning beds). Sun exposure to the treated area may cause post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, so stay out of the sun and wear a hat. Sun exposure can cause damage to the skin, post-treatment, so after 48 hours apply sunscreen to the treated area. Remember, the simple task of walking across the street or driving in your car will expose the skin to direct sun light. I recommend using a broad spectrum, Paraben-free sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. I love "Tizo" brand. It comes in a tinted and non-tinted version, and is very soothing to the skin.
8. Keep the treated area as clean & clear as possible (with the exception of an occlusive ointment) for the first 24 hours. Therefore, minimize the use of make-up & do not encourage sweat via exercise.
9. Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of treatment. Alcohol thins the blood which can interrupt the healing process.
10. Avoid shaving the treated area for 24 hours after treatment.
For weekly beauty and skin-care tips, follow my beauty pages @Beauty and Brow Girl
--CIAO for now xo
are you lash Don't worry Thanks for great sharing really this treatment is the best for me and our family. who like and want to get more and more beauty looks skin please take our service and find out the best treatment famous star park shin hye plastic surgery andReplyDelete
hilary duff plastic surgery
You've seen them before.ReplyDelete
Sage masters who seem to create MIRACLES.
They travel vast distances and exotic lands to
learn an ancient art.
Kind of like David Carradine in the TV show Kung Fu.
Well one healing art , called Reiki, is an ancient
art so powerful that Reiki masters heal illnesses and
ailments JUST BY TOUCHING the person.
Sometimes, they don't even touch the person.
They just place their hands over the affected
area, and it HEALS.
It gets better, Reiki Masters can even heal people
over vast distances!
This is Jedi level healing!
However, for centuries, mastering the art of Reiki
has been practically impossible for outsiders.
But my friend Owen, has changed all that.
With his system or Reiki Mastery, he uncovered a
A conspiracy to prevent people from learning, no,
Here's the deal: Reiki was INTENDED to be learned
quickly and easily.
That's what the original creator of Reiki intended.
Owen UNCOVERED this conspiracy and how to
teach Reiki the way it was ORIGINALLY taught.
The result: You can attain MIRACLE results in DAYS
instead of years.
Change your life.
But that's not all.
You can change other's lives.
[Click here now.]
P.S. - Owen is offering a special training that
won't be around forever.
He's planning on releasing his training methods on
a large scale.
But for now, it is invitation only.
So, if I were you, I'd take advantage of that as well.
Look forward to hearing from you!
[Click here now Miracle results in days....]
Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging...ReplyDelete
under eye circle treatment
melasma treatment in hyderabad
botox treatment in hyderabad